What is Enterprise Resource Planning Software?
Enterprise resource planning (ERP) is business management software that allows an organization to use a system of integrated applications to manage the business. ERP software integrates all facets of an operation, including product planning, development, manufacturing processes, sales and marketing. The basic goal is to provide one central repository for all information that is shared by all the various ERP facets in order to smooth the flow of data across the organization.
“Indy Honeycomb has thoroughly evaluated ERP/MRP options and has identified JobBOSS as the best solution for meeting customer needs. The entire staff is committed to a successful implementation of this shop management software by 2014,” said Don Prysi, VP/Managing Director of Indy Honeycomb.
The following 10 steps outlines what the ERP implementation team will be doing to launch the JobBOSS ERP by 2014…
- Develop a plan with JobBOSS that includes a mutually acceptable timeline for each step in the transition, including process review, training, system setup, data conversions and establishing a go-live date.
- Select the implementation team and empower team leaders who can help plan the training and implementation for each specific area of operation, and determine how, when and by whom these activities will be carried out.
- Be open to change to make changes to your established routines in order to best utilize the new ERP software.
- Getting end user buy-in by showing employees’ how the new manufacturing software will help them do their jobs more efficiently.
- Ensure your staff is prepared to use the new system and provide additional training on computer skills where necessary.
- Ensure your hardware meets specifications so a lack of preparedness doesn’t delay implementation and affect staff buy-in of the new system.
- Identify “super-users” and recruit them to help their co-workers learn and adjust to the new system.
- Develop trainings in order for the staff to feel comfortable with the system.
- Be patient knowing that problems will arise, despite careful planning, and be prepared to address them.
- Listen to the frontline users for ways to improve internal business processes.
Contact us (859-359-4052) today to get started on your next honeycomb project!