Shift: 2nd shift Monday-Thursday 3:45 pm – 2:15 am
Reports to: Appropriate Team Lead or Supervisor
Compensation: $13-19.25 per hour (includes shift differential)
Able to work safely and identify an un-safe situation
- Able to work safely and identify an un-safe situation
- Able to maintain very high quality standards
- Committed to getting the job completed on time every time
- Able to work with some supervision and maintain quality and production goals
- Able to demonstrate good vision (correctable to 20/20)
- Able to understand and practically demonstrate basic math skills
- Must accept and seek constant feedback from leadership and piers
- Able to sit for long periods of time
- Able to handle frustration, maintain professional composure and demonstrate patience
- Able to work overtime when necessary
- Able to demonstrate a sense of urgency while maintaining acceptable quality
- Able to concentrate on task at hand and not be distracted
- Be responsible for housekeeping in your area
- Understand tolerances within thousandths of an inch
- Be able to learn to use all measuring devices (i.e. tape measure, rulers, depth gauges, and calipers
- Be able to yield a 0% scrap rate on belts produced
- Mechanically inclined and able to make adjustments and troubleshoot machine
- Able to understand and practically demonstrate basic resistance welding concepts
- Understand basic drawings and blueprint terms (i.e. basic, reference, dimensioned tolerance)
- Must have a basic understanding of geometry concepts
- Able to understand and apply basic machining concepts
The responsibilities for this position include, assembling/welding honeycomb product while meeting production and quality goals. Additional responsibilities include preparing honeycomb for final inspection, reworking honeycomb, and running honeycomb machines in regular production as needed. Applicant will distinguish between acceptable and unacceptable workmanship standards and work with leadership to improve the production process as necessary.
Due to the standards of work in the aerospace and transportation industries, pre-employment drug screening is mandatory and random drug and alcohol screenings are done on a regular basis.
Company benefits for full time employees include:
- Health insurance, including dental
- 401(k) plan
- Paid holidays and vacation
Indy Honeycomb provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Indy Honeycomb complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you are interested in a career with Indy Honeycomb, please fill out the following form.